Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Livin' the Dream

The bags are packed for yet another adventure with the BMC Mountain Bike Development team, and this trip should be one of the best yet! After a short, but sweet stay at home for the last week I'm off again to the land of blueberries, maple syrup, and of course mountain bike racing- Vermont.  Over the past five weeks I've traveled to Europe, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania and have raced every weekend from the first week of June till the last week of July. I know, I know... That's the dream. I'm literally living the dream from when I first thought of making it in the mountain bike world. I'm traveling the world, racing the best bikes (BMC), seeing the most beautiful places, and racing the highest level of competition in the sport, but after so long I begin to miss the land where I learned to appreciate the very sport that has taken me so far away. Montana. To be specific Helena, Montana. And now, after more experiences than most get in a life time, I was ready to settle down and just relax at home for a while...  Well, that was fun for about a day or so, but with the flights still in my legs I was back to the grind stone, doing a little fine polishing for the last push of the season. Several long rides and interval sessions later I'm here, my bags packed and my excitement for these last few races at a all time high. First comes the last team event of the season, the Catamount Classic in Vermont. The course looks epic and so does the competition planning on being there. It should be a great race with hopefully a stop at the Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory... We'll see!  Next will be possibly the biggest race of my career so far, the Mont St. Ann World Cup. I can't begin to describe how much it means to me to be selected for this national team event, and I think the key word for my first world cup will be learn, learn, learn... That and stoked, stoked, stoked. So yes, it was a while away from home, away from my parents, my dog, my trails, but soon, sooner that I'd like to think, school's going to be back in session, trails will get snowed in, and I'll be remembering this time fondly. I'll be remembering living the dream and never wanting to wake up. Thanks for reading and as always, thank you to all the people that have helped me get here. 

1 comment:

  1. Way-to-Go Landen! It is a privilege to know you and watch your progress. You are a wonderful person and a great athlete! Have fun!!!
    Peggy Stringer

    ReplyDelete